Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2....cameras were working fine, now I can look at live video, but none are recording “live

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
nymmer
Aspirant
Aspirant
Cameras were all working fine, settings haven’t changed. Now I can vie live video, but the cameras don’t r cord live. Ideology. They record, when motion is sensed, but basically it’s a still pic and not the current “live” view. HELP....weird, ikr.
4 REPLIES 4
nymmer
Aspirant
Aspirant

Meant to say, that I can get live video, but when the cameras think they are recording, they aren’t....they record a still picture,  not the current live view.  I have rebooted , resynced, pulled battery, ...can’t seem to get support, live chat brings up blank screen.   We’re all working fine until about a week ago.  We did change internet providers, but the base station is plugged directly into the router.

Dannybear
Master
Master
So to just confirm, your cameras can be viewed using the live view method. But any recordings you get in the library will not play and just present a still frame. Correct?
How are you logging in?
I.e. web browser, iOS or android App?
If using a web browser, what browser and is it the same when accessing on a mobile App?

nymmer
Aspirant
Aspirant

The record,but what they record is the still picture that was showing before...so like 30 secs of the same pic with no movement...

im using iOS on iPhone and iPad,,.mobile app.

can stand right in front , it will sense there is movement and send me a text, but it records a still frame, not what is moving in front of it,

Dannybear
Master
Master
Can you set the camera to send you an email as well as the notification and see if you’re recording is working from the email.

If you have USB backup, check the recordings on it are working there.

If you’re talking about the thumbnail not updating after a manual recording then this is common and will require a refresh of the App by restarting it. If your lucky it may update when you scroll up or down.

Further more post iPhone snapshots of what your seeing so we can better understand. I.e. Press power and home buttons at same time, post here from the phones photo library.
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation