Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 cameras connected to two hubs

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
James7777
Aspirant
Aspirant
So it seems my Arlo Pro 2 cameras has been hacked, and is connected to another hub base in my neighborhood . I don't have full control of my cameras. For example, they keep turning the "recording off". Is there any way for me to un-sync my camera from the unknown hub station?
4 REPLIES 4
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@James7777 wrote:
So it seems my Arlo Pro 2 cameras has been hacked, and is connected to another hub base in my neighborhood .

Not possible unless they have had some Huawei engineers on the case.

I would look for other reasons for the behaviour you see.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

As above, if you "see" the cameras on your base, they are NOT sync'ed to another even if you have strange issues.

Cams can only sync to ONE base at a time

You can always try and use Remove Device on you base and then resync if there are strange issues as it will rebuild the default modes.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
James7777
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have removed all the cameras from the hub & re-sync, but it still won't record to the cloud. Will only allowed to record manually to the USB. After reading a few posts on the community, some people say it can be sync to another hub, while others says it can't. Just wondering isit worth keeping it.
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@James7777 wrote:
After reading a few posts on the community, some people say it can be sync to another hub, while others says it can't.

It would be interesting to see those messages saying that you can sync a camera to two hubs at the same time.

You can certainly sync a camera to another hub, but not if it is already tied to an existing hub.

This is a classic mistake that turns up here from time to time. Someone tries to add a camera to a hub without first detaching it from the first hub. It won't work.

@James7777 wrote:
I have removed all the cameras from the hub & re-sync, but it still won't record to the cloud.

If the camera shows a connection to your hub, it is not also connected to another hub.

@James7777 wrote:
...it still won't record to the cloud. Will only allowed to record manually to the USB.

That has nothing to do with a connection to another hub.  You might find it more profitable to troubleshoot that rather than worry about a second hub somewhere.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation