Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
gdmercad
Aspirant
Aspirant

Base unit could not go online, so after contacting Tech support I had to reset the base unit and startup from scratch. After getting the base unit up from reset and cameras resynced I noticed that the video is not clear on every camera. Was on a trip away from home for 5 days and when checking remotely, the video was clear prior to the issue that required resetting and resyncing the components. Tech support told me that it is rare when a base unit does not respond. I expressed my concern since it requires onsite resetting of the units and syncing of the camera. I explained to them that I travel extensively and did not feel that the Arlo system is reliable. Any suggestion on how to improve the quality of the video would be appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gdmercad
Aspirant
Aspirant

It was at night when I got the system rest and cameras resented. The faces and items appeared blurred out. Cameras were set for the best video. Now it’s morning and the video is clear. In the room that is dark, video relatively clear. Not sure what happened.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Dannybear
Master
Master

Of interest, can you provide some further details on what is not clear about the recordings?

There are power management options in each camera video settings that can be muddled and toggling these maybe something to try.

To better describe the video, is the video ok during the day but crap at night.
Is the motion of objects appearing to be smeared.

You can share a link to the recording and post here for 24hrs.

gdmercad
Aspirant
Aspirant

It was at night when I got the system rest and cameras resented. The faces and items appeared blurred out. Cameras were set for the best video. Now it’s morning and the video is clear. In the room that is dark, video relatively clear. Not sure what happened.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation