Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ena81
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello,

I have the Arlo Pro 2 system that I purchased about a year ago. I have 3 cameras connected to the base and I noticed that in the past month I’ve had issues with the cameras recording function. For personal reasons I need to manually record on all 3 cameras for about 5-6 minutes (this is 4 times a week). So I go into the Arlo app on my iPhone and press live view on the 3 cameras and then press record. However, one of the cameras will stop recording after a few seconds, sometimes a minute or two while the others are fine. It’s no specific camera, meaning it’s never the same camera that stops recording.
I reset everything back to factory settings and installed it again but the issues still persists. I’m so confused? Help!!!
3 REPLIES 3
Streak2
Master Master
Master

You might not be able to stream/record from all of the cameras if your WiFi network has limited bandwidth or if you are uploading other files while Arlo is streaming.

Dannybear
Master
Master
I have migrated all my wifi devices over to the 5Ghz wifi band to free up the 2.4Ghz wifi band for just the arlo cameras. You could also try reducing the camera’s power management settings to lower the bandwidth required on the 2.4Ghz wifi band.
ena81
Aspirant
Aspirant
I will check my upload speeds and see if that may be the issue. Thank you for the suggestion.
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation