Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Melij13
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo Pro 2 three camera system 5 months old.     Case number - 29834024

System Version   2.4.8.850_19956     

Released  03/07/18

Camera synced when originally purchased but went offline about a month later.  I wasn’t using it so I just let go.  Now I need to use it and it will not sync to the base.

Steps I’ve taken:

1. Tried syncing – blue lights flashed accordingly signaling success but camera not visible in online app.
  2. Charged battery – repeated step 1.
  3. Inserted and charged new battery. Repeated step 1.
  4. Powered base off for a couple minutes. Turned on. Opened battery door on camera, closed. Repeated step 1.
  5. Went in online and removed device. (I could see camera name but it said offline)
  6. In online app selected add device, repeated steps 1 – 4. Camera name does not show in device list.
  7. Moved base and camera further away from computer and printer. Repeated all steps.

Non-working camera serial number: 55W1767SA8708

(Not online so version info not available)    Camera same as new since it was never used.

What next???  

Note:

These 2 cameras are working fine.  

HW Version H8

Serial Number 55W17677A76E1

Firmware 1.092.0.8_17203

HW Version H8

Serial Number 55W1777SA34C6

Firmware 1.092.0.8_17203

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It might be fastest to start fresh. Remove all devices from Settings, My Devices. Use the Add Device button on the Devices tab to claim the base. Sync the cameras. Update firmware as needed. ANy luck?

Melij13
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had already removed the affected camera that was offline and it wouldn't resync. Tech support via chat had me remove a working camera to test. Now it won't reconnect so I'm down to one.

Tried everything with tech support for about 2 hours.  She finally suggested changing WiFi channels on my router and trying to resync in case it was congestion. 

I changed channels this morning. Neither camera will sync.   I'm worse off now than I was before. I had 2 cameras online now only 1. 

I'm hesitant to remove my only working one because I'm afraid it won't reconnect.  

System Version   2.4.8.850_19956     

Released  03/07/18

Camera  HW Version H8

Firmware1.092.0.8_17203

any other ideas?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I suggested a full reset, not just removing cameras. Reread my last post about removing ALL devices and starting fresh.

Melij13
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I understood that.  Do not want to chance not being able to get whats working back online after removing everything.

If by reset you mean resetting the base via the online application I've done that.

For some unknown reason (repeating same processes...) I finally got the camera tech support had me remove back online and functioning so I'm back where where I started with just the one that never worked.

Tech support submitted a RMA.  I think that's best considering it went offline soon after purchase and has never been used.

I appreciate your assistance though.  Its been an exhausting process but I have learned a few things.

🙂

JV-CA
Aspirant
Aspirant

Were you ever able to connect the Camera?  I have the exact same problem with an Arlo Pro.  I have had the system for 3 months, one camera went off-line and it will not resync.  Support sent me 1 camera (as they said it was a camera problem).  That replacement camera will not sync either.  Now they are sending me another camera, well if one replacement did not work why send me another??  They mentioned network congestion, but they did not have a fix for that.  It appears there is no fix for this camera off-line issue; unless you were able to get your camera to work? 

Melij13
Aspirant
Aspirant

I went through the exact same thing!  I finally convinced them it wasn’t the camera because I removed a working camera and it would not re-sync. They also said it might be network congestion. I changed my WiFi channel, that had no effect.  So, finally instead of a second replacement camera (which was their plan) they sent me a refurbished base. Just got it yesterday, set it up today and synced all 3 cameras.  I was a little disappointed to get a refurb since I didn’t pay a refurb price for my system but if it lasts longer than the first it will be ok.  Don’t give up!  Try to convince them to exchange the base instead of the camera again. 

Good luck! 

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation