Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 camera keep getting offline and not receiving notifications

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
April11jenny
Aspirant
Aspirant
So my cameras aren’t sending me notifications to my iPhone at all. With this new update I don’t like it at all. How do get it back to normal where it would notify me on my phone?
Also can someone tell me what does classic ux mean? I noticed it with the new update but don’t know why it’s there or for what?
4 REPLIES 4
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@April11jenny wrote:
So my cameras aren’t sending me notifications to my iPhone at all. With this new update I don’t like it at all. How do get it back to normal where it would notify me on my phone?
Also can someone tell me what does classic ux mean? I noticed it with the new update but don’t know why it’s there or for what?

I believe quite a few people are having difficulties with notifications (as well as Live View, geofencing, battery life, etc.) after V2.6.0 and V2.6.1.  Hopefully those will be fixed soon.  Reportedly a new version of the app is working its way though approval on the App Store and will hopefully show up soon as an available update.

Those of us who refer to the “classic UX” are talking about V2.5.5 and prior, where multiple devices were simultaneously visible on an iPad (rather than a single full screen image) and each displayed many status icons, allowing an excellent “system status at a glance” for up to 9 devices per screen on a standard size iPad.  More on the 12.9” iPad, I believe.  V2.6.0 removed huge amounts of important status (and some functionality) from the main Devices screen.  Arlo has committed to restore this information and functionality in one or more future versions.  We are all (or nearly all) eagerly awaiting the availability of the new app and the retirement of the much maligned V2.6.0 user interface.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

April11jenny,

Are you using a custom mode or the default "Armed" mode? You might check your modes/rules to be sure that push notifications are enabled. Also be sure that you're logged in to the Arlo mobile app to receive push notifications.

JamesC

April11jenny
Aspirant
Aspirant
Once again I’m not receiving any notification on my iPhone whatsoever!! Literally why can’t this issue be fix! It’s a repeated problem!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

April11jenny,

Were you logged in to the Arlo mobile app on your iPhone? If you were logged out at the time notifications should come through, you won't receive them.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation