Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 brand new camera won't sync

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
DocBN
Guide
Guide

I am installing the new Arlo system and 4 or the 5 cameras synced nicely.  One camera, however, is not working.  The sync button does not work.  The blue light flashes when I install the battery, but when I press the Sync button nothing happens--the blue light doesn't start blinking, nothing.  The battery works in the other cameras, and I tried the other batteries in this camera with no success, so it's not a battery issue.  How do I return the bad camera for a replacement?  Netgear/Arlo support phone lines don't seem to exist (I am sure they do, but Netgear has done a good job of hiding them carefully so no one can bother them...).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slompochomp
Luminary
Luminary

Also did you try to connect the camera using the supplied USB cable and power adapter and then try to sync ? 
Worth a shot to try.

If You Got Em....I'll Chew Em!

Netgear & Arlo Beta Tester

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
brh
Master
Master

@DocBN

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Scroll down until you see the phone numbers for the various countries.

Brian

slompochomp
Luminary
Luminary

Also did you try to connect the camera using the supplied USB cable and power adapter and then try to sync ? 
Worth a shot to try.

If You Got Em....I'll Chew Em!

Netgear & Arlo Beta Tester
DocBN
Guide
Guide

Thanks.  I found 'em!  But then I made the mistake of actually calling... YIKES!  Arlo Customer Phone Support leaves a LOT to be desired.  

DocBN
Guide
Guide

Well, I guess this may have been user error, because when I was getting ready to try Slompchomp's idea to try plugging the camera in via USB I pressed the SYNC button on the camera (I hadn't yet plugged in the USB) and the blue light started blinking like it was supposed to do in the first place, and then it synced up just like all the other cameras had done.  Weird, but hey, it works now so I am good.  Thanks all for your help.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation