Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 App On Windows Crashes After Logon - What Is The Fix Please?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ssankar1000
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I am sorry to ask the following 2  questions which has done many previous ones.

However I have tried all solutions like clearing cookies etc , but the login is successful but flash player crashes.

Also I do not see the shared devices in y shared account

The android app is working fine to monitor the cameras though with both main and shared account. Any solution would be welcome for the laptop desktop (windows 8.1 using IE or Chrome or firefox)

Thanks

Srini

5 REPLIES 5
steve_t
Master Master
Master

It's happening in all 3 browsers?

ssankar1000
Aspirant
Aspirant

yes,

some observations for others who may face similar issues

when you are logged in one device , logout and try to login a second device it seems to get confused.

Also if you logout of an account and try to test the account which you share the devices with, the system doesnt seem to like the change. Leave sufficient time ( have no idea what the timeout value maybe), and keep tossing the coins ( as many as you have, and twiddle thumb for unknown time,

suddenly it may start working.

I have created a separate account for my laptop, my mobile and my wife to view the cameras on the three devices. My view is sticking to one device and one account pair may help. Will post update after testing further.

Also the cameras didnt show up on teh shared account while playing around. Another communioty post mentioned about remove device and readd, which i did and it seems to work.

For such a costly device, it was not really a plug and play as expected, but the quality of the cameras is very good. I am sure the team will improve the experince in the next few firmware releases 🙂

Thank you Steve_t for replying.

Have fun

Srinivasan

ssankar1000
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have encountered 2 new issues

1. I cannot stop emails to my account and I only want to enable mobile push alerts. Even though I tried adding a separate email account and deleted the old email account which is linked to the original login, I continue to get emails to the main account, needless tos ay this is annoying

2. The alerts are coming only from one of the 4 cameras, though I have set the motion alert sensitivity and sound alert levels in the other 3 cameras.

The product and software interface is flaky, as per my experience until now.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

1. Have you checked all of your rules in your modes for email notification status? If the box is checked, then you're asking the system to email you when motion is detected. 
2. Are all the cameras mounted? Maybe try having them in the same room as the base while you figure out all of the settings and how the rules and modes work.

These do require a bit of time to familiarise yourself with what all the settings are and do. Keep playing around

steve_t
Master Master
Master

@ssankar1000 wrote:

I have created a separate account for my laptop, my mobile and my wife to view the cameras on the three devices. My view is sticking to one device and one account pair may help. Will post update after testing further.

Also the cameras didnt show up on teh shared account while playing around. Another communioty post mentioned about remove device and readd, which i did and it seems to work.

Thank you Steve_t for replying.

Have fun

Srinivasan

You have to go into the "Grant Access" menu and manually select which devices are shared with the guest account(s)

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation