Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 and with LB2120 4G LTE Modem

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
dc23
Follower
Follower

Wondering if anybody has any experience connecting an Arlo Pro 2 Base Station to the NetGear LB2120 mobile modem.

I'm hoping to put a base station in a location with power but no ready wired or wifi internet access and the LB2120 seems like a good choice for a mobile modem/router. ARLO connectivity was mentioned in the specs for the LB2120 when it was announced back in 2017 (https://www.netgear.com/about/press-releases/2017/NETGEAR-4G-LTE-MODEMS.aspx) but isn't specifically mentioned on the current product page.

Any info greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Many cell base modems can be used if they provide an etherent port for the base unit...

as long as the base sees internet, your good to go

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@dc23 wrote:

Wondering if anybody has any experience connecting an Arlo Pro 2 Base Station to the NetGear LB2120 mobile modem.

I'm hoping to put a base station in a location with power but no ready wired or wifi internet access and the LB2120 seems like a good choice for a mobile modem/router. ARLO connectivity was mentioned in the specs for the LB2120 when it was announced back in 2017 (https://www.netgear.com/about/press-releases/2017/NETGEAR-4G-LTE-MODEMS.aspx) but isn't specifically mentioned on the current product page.

Any info greatly appreciated.

Also the MR1100 supports Arlo cameras natively, though perhaps using a base station would be a more flexible solution.  I know one guy posted that he was having battery life issues with his Arlo Pro 2 directly connected to the MR1100.

I have only used mine for testing, but I was able to get the MR1100 connected to the Arlo App and a Pro 2 to connect to the MR1100.  I just pulled these out to be sure they still worked.  I had to resych the camera for some reason, but it was fairly quick.

However, I have no long term history with this.  I plan to take it on a trip next month to try it as a travel camera for rental home security.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation