Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 and Roomba

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
mindblown3d
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

I have recently purchased the Arlo pro 2 Security camera (2 Camera Version) and i like it so far.

I would like to buy a robot vacuum like Roomba or dyson (Still in decision phase but most likely Roomba 980), I am concerned that when the robot starts to clean the camera will pick it up and send me warnings constantly.

Does anyone know a solution to keep the cameras armed where as the robot is cleaning at the same time without triggering the alarm. I live in a condo and one of my camera is facing the door and 2nd one in my living room.

I appreciate the help in advance thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
brh
Master
Master

@mindblown3d

No, that is just a test to give you an idea as too how much sensitivity to adjust in your Rules.

Go into you Mode (ususally Armed), and there should be a Rule for each camera. Where it says Motion is Detected click on the green pencil, (> arrow in the browser IDE) beside the text and adjust it there. It may ask you to save the setting.

Brian

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Three things you'd have to try are 1) camera positioning so the floor isn't in view of the camera, 2) change the cameras' motion sensitivity in your modes so the Roomba isn't detected but people still are, and/or 3) use AC power for the cameras so you can set up activity zones which exclude the floor.

mindblown3d
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you very much for the quick response.

I have thought of plugging the camera in but can not plug both of the cameras at the same time.

I guess optimizing the sensitivity level of the cameras would be a better solution like you suggested. I am guessing you mean

- Going in Settings > Camera Name > Motion Detection test (by default it is on 80%) 

Is this what you meant? Or was there another way to do it. I just got this on saturday so I am getting used to using this UI.

Thank you

brh
Master
Master

@mindblown3d

No, that is just a test to give you an idea as too how much sensitivity to adjust in your Rules.

Go into you Mode (ususally Armed), and there should be a Rule for each camera. Where it says Motion is Detected click on the green pencil, (> arrow in the browser IDE) beside the text and adjust it there. It may ask you to save the setting.

Brian

steve_t
Master Master
Master

You could schedule a custom mode that doesn't arm the indoor cameras during the time which the Roomba is active

mindblown3d
Aspirant
Aspirant

I thought of that too, i just wanted to see if there is a way to still keep the guard up while house is being cleaned. Just makes me feel safer. Thank you for the suggestion

steve_t
Master Master
Master

The other option is to have the Mode have the indoor cameras still armed but without notifications. You'll still get the recordings but not notifications for the motion activations. This is even more viable if the indoor cameras are under constant AC power

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation