Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 With Mobile Router Nighthawk M1 (MR1100r0): Batteries Drained In <24h

Discussion stats
  • 26 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
NeuFred
Tutor
Tutor

I'm using 2 Arlo Pro 2 with the Netgear Mobile Router MR1000 (also called Netgear Nighthawk M1) which has an internal Arlo Base Station. The recent installation and sync worked fine and I can watch the monitored scenes. My big problem ist concerning the batteries which are draining within <24h. I rebooted the router and recharged the Arlo 2-3 times during a whole night and can not notice any increase in the autonomy of the batteries. The cameras are less than 10 meteres distance from the router and the signal is strong. I also checked the latest firmwares on router and Alro ... I set the battery optimization to "optimized" ... nothing helped so far ...

In comparison I also have another installation in a second home with the Arlo Base-Station (VMB4000) and one Arlo Pro 2 and this works fine, sufficient autonomy ... nothing to complain about.

My theory : is the Mobile Router the source of my problem ? Has anybody experienced Arlo with this Netgear Mobile Router with Arlo Station integrated ? Shall I activate the warranty of the 2 draining cameras batteries ?

Thanks for any suggestion or advice !

Cheers, Rick

26 REPLIES 26
NeuFred
Tutor
Tutor

Update from my side : I installed my 2 Pro 2 cameras on a base I bought "behind" the MR1100 router (without activating the built in Arlo base) and see there, the cameras work perfectly, don't drain within 24h as before. My work-around solution works and my conclusion is not to use the Arlo-Module in the MR1100. 

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

That is great to hear.

I would definitely recommend that solution for permanent installations.

Discussion stats
  • 26 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation