Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 - I Turned Off Night Vision Now Screen Is Dark

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
TheRufster
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’ve only had my pro 2 system with 4 cameras for 3 days . All was well until today when one of the cameras displayed a very white picture. I switched off the night vision and the white screen disappeared but then I couldn’t see the picture as all was dark, turned night vision back on and the picture went white again. I’ve attached a photo. My other 3 cameras are fine. Thanks in advance for any help.

9 REPLIES 9
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If you can turn it the night vision off and it goes away, it could possibly be a loose illimnator washing out the lens...

I would contact either place of purchase to replace or Arlo support for warranty

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
TheRufster
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes thanks. That’s exactly right, when I turn off night mode it goes away then when I turn it back on it happens again.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Or something is nearby that's reflecting the IR back to the lens, such as a wall.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The only hing to look for is at bottom,,,,,is there a light colored surface?

If so, the illumination can reflect off of same and wash out picture.

Temp move the camera and verify it is not reflection

Morse is faster than texting!
johnboydavis
Apprentice
Apprentice

move camera and see if its still the same

TheRufster
Aspirant
Aspirant
It remains white when I move the camera. The camera has been in the same spot for a day or so and this only started happening yesterday late afternoon. If I switch off night view it rectifies itself.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Is there a film or anything else on the camera face? If not, open a case with support:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

TheRufster
Aspirant
Aspirant
No, no film on camera face. I’ll be taking the camera back to the place of purchase today and hopefully they will exchange it under warranty since I only purchased it on Wednesday. Thank for your help everyone.
TheRufster
Aspirant
Aspirant
Interesting as it’s morning now...and the night mode doesn’t need to activate the picture is fine. Looks like it only happens when it’s dark and the night mode gets activated.
Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation