Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 - Video live feed Screen is squeezed.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
LJansen
Aspirant
Aspirant

We just installed Arlo Pro 2 with 5 cameras, and have 2 Android Mobile Phones to monitor. 

- Android J7 Prime (all OK)

- Android Galaxy S7 (problem)

The galaxy S7 phone has the following problems:
By itself, it works fine. But there are the following issues: 
- Frequently, (main problem) the video live feed is squeezed.
It should be landscape, screen filling like on the J7Prime phone, but it squeezes the feed. 

As can be seen here: Screenshot_20190220-165052.png

On the J7 phone it is screen fully filing and with correct proportions, and no black borders. 

- Under Settings, it cannot find the status ("a obter o estado"), and it does not display the VIDEO SETTINGS.

Screenshot_20190220-165026.png

- In the overview window showing the 5 feeds, the 4 small buttons under the video are not visible. (battery, wifi, sound, active)

- There is an extra [MODE] tab on this S7 phone, that does not appear on the J7:

Screenshot_20190220-164920.png

7 REPLIES 7
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @LJansen

You can reboot the base station and test again. Also, have you tried to reboot the camera by removing & installing the battery? 

LJansen
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi @ShayneS  
Do you think its the base station? It all works perfect on one of the Android phones, the problem is only on one Android phone. 
On the above screendumps you can see the Arlo app seems different. It has this MODE tab, that the other one does not have.Was more thinking there is a problem with the app on that phone. And maybe there is a setting we need to change. But the mode tab is empty.  

LJansen
Aspirant
Aspirant

Also in the PDFmanual I dont see this MODE tab. So wonder what it does. (anyway the screendumps in the PDF of the ARLO PRo2 look different from what we see in our apps, is there a new updated version coming?) 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

What Android version is the Galaxy s7 running? is the phone updated to the latest firmware? Are you using the latest Arlo Mobile App version 2.7.2?

LJansen
Aspirant
Aspirant

The Arlo app has the latest version. 
For the Android version I will check tomorrow because that phone is not with me. (I have the J7)

LJansen
Aspirant
Aspirant
The Android version is 7.0
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@LJansen

Have you tried to download the latest version of Android & test again?

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation