Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 Video Playback Freezes At Beginning, Catches Up To Audio

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Retired_Member
Not applicable

When I start playing videos back in my library (or even live when I get a smart notification), the audio starts playing immediately, but the video is frozen and it takes a few seconds for the video to start playing but I miss whatever the audio picked up at first. What could be the cause of this? It is happening on multiple cameras (I have 4 total). I have the sensitivity for motion detection at 90 but I just increased my front door one to 100 to see if that helps. I am on firmware number 1.125.11.1_25366. This is happening on my iPhone XS and my wife's iPhone 6. I am running iOS 12.1 and she has iOS 12 on hers. Let me know if you need any more details I might have missed.

3 REPLIES 3
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Update:

I just played the videos on my work computer (Windows 10 using Firefox) and they are fine so it is an iOS bug it looks like.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Also you can d/l the video and test if it plays right on the phone

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Ok, I downloaded a video to iCloud Drive and then tried to play it back on my iPhone just now and it does the same exact thing like playing in the iOS Arlo app. This is weird. I'll submit feedback to Apple via the Feedback app since I'm still on public beta at the moment.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation