Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 - Video Of Face Is Not Clear

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
stribor45
Tutor
Tutor

I found that when video is taken  it is very blury. I can see the clothes but face is not clear at all. Is there something wrong with my settings? This is suppoe to be top of the line camera but from the video it records it doesnt look like it.

9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Dumb question but did you remove the plastic over the lens? You might also want to verify the lens is clean.

stribor45
Tutor
Tutor

Yes to both questions 🙂

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Post a screenshot so we can see.

stribor45
Tutor
Tutor

I am charging  camera currently (inside the house) and just took a screeshot of the view...

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That looks normal to me. Remember that 1080p is only 2 megapixels and then compression is added on top so zooming in for details, especially for distant items, isn't going to work well.

stribor45
Tutor
Tutor

i know but it seems pointless if you have someone on your driveway and you cant get clear sharp recording of the person face?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

These are NOT ID-type cameras which would have a much narrower FOV. With these cameras providing 130 degrees of view along with 1080p and compression, there's only so much detail that can be preserved. 130 degrees of view equates to roughly a 10mm fisheye lens in DSLR-speak. Google fisheye images, resample them to 2 megapixels and try zooming in - you'll see much the same thing.

stribor45
Tutor
Tutor

Is it possible that because I use free 7 days storage that thos erecordings get compressed and therefore viewing quality is low. When I look at my live view it is pretty sharp

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No, there's no difference in the videos between plans. Post a link to a video - maybe that would be more telling.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation