Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
allanc5
Aspirant
Aspirant

A week or so, Arlo turned off my motion zones, after stating it would do so, that had previously been working. using my Arlo Smart Premium subscription, which still shows that user defined motion zones are part of the subscription capabilities in Settings.
I appear to be paying for something I’m not getting.
How do I get my motion detection zones back. I am using the system to detect wandering by my wife who has Alzheimer’s. I don’t want to detect her moving in her bed, I only want to detect her getting up and detect where she goes. (It’s too bad there isn’t a detect motion on camera B if camera A has detected motion but that’s a wish not pertinent to this issue).
How do I get my motion zones back working?

3 REPLIES 3
allanc5
Aspirant
Aspirant
My comment in parentheses may be clearer if the word “only” is put in front of the word “if”, This means that both camera A and B must have detected motion to send a message or turn the siren on.
Wandering by Alzheimer’s patients is quite common. I think using cameras, especially if the right logic becomes available, can be quite useful in detecting wandering at night and the extent of such wandering, especially leaving the house.

allanc5
Aspirant
Aspirant
Now I notice that I have my zones back. However, the battery in the one camera that is connected to AC has not charged up ( both AC charging and motion (activity) zones disappeared st the same time).

Maybe now that I’ve mentioned the AC charging issue here it will come back?

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

Two things...

1.  Motion zones are only supported when cameras are powered from AC and since you have also reported a charging problem, those two issues sound like they are related.  I recommend checking your power cord, AC adapter and outlet to be sure those are all well seated working properly.  If everything and pluggged in securely and the outlet has power, you may have an issue with a power adapter.  You can try swapping them between cameras to see if the problem moves with the adapter.

2.  You can set up a rule for a camera which detects motion on one camera and triggers recording on another camera (or multiple cameras) as along as they are all Pro or Pro 2 cameras.  Go to Modes, click on the Pencil icon for the mode you are using then click on the pencil for the camera that will detect the motion and look for Add Device part way down the screen.  You can add the second recording device there.  (See attached screenshot)

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation