Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 VMC4030P - cannot sync one camera to base

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
RaiiBoy
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have moved and just pulled my cameras out of the box. I had to re-sync all of them with my base station. One of them has a blue and orange LED that flashes for about 30 seconds and stops for about 30 seconds. I cannot sync this one camera with my base.

The camera is NOT linked to my base station or on my account (it used to be, but I removed them all when we moved).

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It would have been simpler to just unplug the base and remove the camera batteries rather than removing them from your account. Plug things in at the new place and all should be as before.

That may not have helped this camera problem, though, if there's a hard/software issue. Is the battery fully charged? Have you tried reinserting the battery to reset the camera?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Blue and Orange flash sometimes means a bad update to the FW...

this may help;

https://kb.arlo.com/000039094/What-to-do-when-your-Arlo-camera-will-not-sync-to-a-Base-Station-or-Sm...

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
RaiiBoy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well so far no luck.  Arlo says that since I don't have a paid subscription that I can only use self help.  (Sorry, I shouldn't have to pay to get a device that's under manufacturers warranty to work).

I followed the link that was provided above but that didn't work. Just to reiterate, when I press the sync button the camera starts blinking both blue and amber.  I suspect an update didn't go as planned.

I believe the camera did try and update and the update was unsuccessful.  Is there a way to factory reset the camera and restart the update?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

How long are you pressing the camera sync button? I haven't tried holding it to see what would happen but all that's needed is a brief press.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation