Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2, VBM4000r3

Discussion stats
  • 26 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
Kingerb
Guide
Guide

My Pro 2 has been doing 7 day recordings for years. So it seems Arlo has pulled the free 7 day recording, forcing me to buy a subscriptio?. Seems poor customer treatment to take away service I’ve had for years.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dannybear
Master
Master
Ok, then it points to the current mode your system is set to. Is the mode set to disabled under the mode status page? If so set it to armed and check if you start getting recordings by moving yourself in front of the cameras.

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26
Dannybear
Master
Master
The pro2 and older cameras are still supporting free 7days cloud recordings, has someone told you different?
Kingerb
Guide
Guide

My cameras are telling me, they quit recording!
about the same time the special subscription offer expired.

coincidence? I wonder.

Dannybear
Master
Master
Have you added your pro2 cameras to a subscription plan and it has since expired? If so will they work again if you remove them from the subscription plan under settings page for subscription?
Kingerb
Guide
Guide

Never ever had a subscription.

used the free 7 day for several years now but it has quit working.

Dannybear
Master
Master
Ok has the library has disappeared from your mobile app or web browser?
If so it may clear up in a few days.
Last time it happened to me a week or so ago I had to reinstall the app and power cycle the base to get it working again.
Kingerb
Guide
Guide

Still have library but camera’s not recording.

get amber light in camera to indicate it’s active.

A966440E-5E09-446D-9167-5645DC069302.jpeg6CA7F25E-D103-4FF3-86AC-F1BD3E19316E.jpeg

Dannybear
Master
Master
Have to wait for the images to be approved before we can see them.
Kingerb
Guide
Guide

Images just screen shot showing an empty 7 day library and the filter settings at “any”.

Dannybear
Master
Master
You mentioned that the cameras quit recording
about the same time the special subscription offer expired and was seven days ago and hence you have no recordings in the library?
Can you do manual recordings and do they show up in the library?
Kingerb
Guide
Guide

I tested the motion sensors using the device utilities and get the amber signal, but no recording.

Dannybear
Master
Master
Well that’s good and one test is ticked.
Can you confirm the mode that is currently selected and that if armed or custom is selected that the camera rules are set to record video.
Also if you live stream a camera do you get recording icon and will it record and show in the library?
Kingerb
Guide
Guide

If I live stream and use record button, it records and video is in library.

again checked device utilities and get amber light on motion detection.

Dannybear
Master
Master
Ok, then it points to the current mode your system is set to. Is the mode set to disabled under the mode status page? If so set it to armed and check if you start getting recordings by moving yourself in front of the cameras.
Kingerb
Guide
Guide
Where do I find mode status?
dcfox1
Master
Master

@Kingerb wrote:
Where do I find mode status?

Select mode in app or web portal. 

About Arlo Modes and Rules

Kingerb
Guide
Guide

Went to mode.

armed all devices.

it works!
don’t know what happened but thanks so much, it works!

Kingerb
Guide
Guide

Big thank you to Dannybear for solving my problem.

Dannybear
Master
Master
Cheers,

The cause for the mode change may be related to the “hover thumb” syndrome where your thumb activates the selection without the tap required. You can see what the current mode selected by viewing the base station details at the bottom of the mode page and selecting it will show the mode options available like schedule and geofencing.
DarranClark
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have had the same issue, where my cameras have not been recording for 43 days or so. I foolishly rested the hub and now it and the cameras won't connect. I now have 4 x Pro2 Cameras and Hub that just don't work. I also noted that in our web page, certain selections are disabled. (See attached photo)

Arlo.png
Kingerb
Guide
Guide

Danny bear fixed mine!

turns out I had disarmed them somehow.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@DarranClark wrote:

I have had the same issue, where my cameras have not been recording for 43 days or so. I foolishly rested the hub and now it and the cameras won't connect. I now have 4 x Pro2 Cameras and Hub that just don't work. I also noted that in our web page, certain selections are disabled. (See attached photo)

I'm not sure what you're trying to show. I see a base and cameras that are all in your account and active. Have you checked your modes to see what one is active and what rules are there?

As for certain selections being "disabled", those are section headers, not something you could choose. The items under those headers are what you can select.

Keliig
Aspirant
Aspirant
How do I request a reset token
Dannybear
Master
Master
@KelliG,

A token reset of the base station can only be made by a arlo employee or forum moderator like @ShayneS or @JamesC.
Use the PM to request it (use envelope icon at top right of forum page) or go to the partner integrations board for where they are normally posted.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Keliig,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 26 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation