Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 Terrible Battery - Bad Unit?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
CoonsP
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 4 Arlo Pro 2 cameras, three of which I've used for a while with no issue.

When I finally got around to installing my fourth camera, I noticed that the battery was draining unusually quick - less than 24 hours from a full charge. I thought this was weird considering I have it hooked up to a solar charger that does get some sun and my other 3 cameras don't have this issue.

I think something is wrong with the device. I've tried to contact Netgear support, but honestly, the person who manages technical support for this company in North America should be fired. It's so awful. The phone system and the web system don't seem to be synced. I reported this issue 2 months ago and I get a new reply on the web every 10 days with the same "I'm sorry I took so long to reply, but you should try [insert the same nonsense troubleshooting steps]". When I reply "already did that", they just respond after another 10 days with the same message.

Calling in was just as bad. I spoke with someone who said hey would replace the battery (he refused to replace the camera until I proved to him the issue was just the battery) and he never followed up. That was about 45 days ago.

The support is a joke, they won't honor the warranty and I'm passed my return period for the product. Any suggestions on how to deal with this?

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

CoonsP,

Have you tried using the solar panel on any of your other cameras to see if the issue persists? You might also try swapping around batteries to see if the issue lies with the battery or the camera.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation