Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 Spots Or Globes In Night Vision

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
gtagirl
Aspirant
Aspirant

RE:  Arlo Pro 2 Wireless Camera / Model VMB4000 (wasn't an option in the list)

Hi - I have 2 cameras installed in the front of my house; over garage door and over my porch.  I

am having very good quality of both my cameras, except for white globes or spots that appear only on one camera (one over the porch) in the night vision only.  I've examined the camera lense and can see nothing wrong with it.  There are no spots in the day, only on night vision.  My other camera has no such images.  I've had the cameras installed now for 6 months to see if it is seasonal or temperature related, but it appears not.  I believe it's safe to say it is not an external factor causing the problem, especially as the other camera is working beautifully.  Other than this, the images are so clear and I'm enjoying my cameras.  What can I do? I'ved moved & angled the camera to minimize the coverage to the side, but it is not optimal for triggering movement stepping onto my walkway; in fact, it is so delayed a person could ring my doorbell and step back before being caught on camera.  It's a problem for me.  Do I have a faulty camera?  I've attached a brief mp4 that I hope uploaded okay.  But below is a picture. I got the cameras from Best Buy in the GTA, Toronto, Canada.

Thanks for help resolving thisNight Vision Globes or spots appearNight Vision Globes or spots appear

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gtagirl
Aspirant
Aspirant

I thought I'd update for the benefit of others with the same issue.  

I've cleaned this Camera but had no results, which lead me to all the other things I tried.  I had received an RMA and had takent he camera down to return it and happened to have my eye glasses cleaner on the counter and just by chance tried it.  It worked; the blurry spot or cloud is now gone and the lense is clear as ever. 

I used C-kleer Spray for Eye Glasses I picked up at a show.  I sprayed a small amount on cleaning cloth provided, rubbed it really well, but gentle, and used the microfiber cloth to fully remove any residue and shine it. 

Very happy I don't have to lose my camera for weeks to make the swap and I'm very pleased with the quality.

Hope this helps others in the same dilemma.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If the spot remains in the same place, it may be the camera, otherwise it looks like some form of reflection/water spot.

If it appears always the same even after moving, then you answer is to contact Arlo support for possible warranty issue

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
gtagirl
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you TomMac!

Yes, it is always in the same spot and it remains the same even after moving.  I will take your advise and contact Arlo Support.

Greatly apprciated!

gtagirl
Aspirant
Aspirant

I thought I'd update for the benefit of others with the same issue.  

I've cleaned this Camera but had no results, which lead me to all the other things I tried.  I had received an RMA and had takent he camera down to return it and happened to have my eye glasses cleaner on the counter and just by chance tried it.  It worked; the blurry spot or cloud is now gone and the lense is clear as ever. 

I used C-kleer Spray for Eye Glasses I picked up at a show.  I sprayed a small amount on cleaning cloth provided, rubbed it really well, but gentle, and used the microfiber cloth to fully remove any residue and shine it. 

Very happy I don't have to lose my camera for weeks to make the swap and I'm very pleased with the quality.

Hope this helps others in the same dilemma.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation