Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 Speaker Not Working

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
NorCalRob
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just purchased and installed an Arlo Pro 2 camera. It is on battery power. I am not able to get the speaker to work at the camera.. I am using an iPhone and tried to press/hold the microphone button on my phone, but am not hearing anything from the camera.. Can I adjust the volume? Is the issue because the camera is on battery power? Is it merely operator error? Thx!
6 REPLIES 6
Streak2
Master Master
Master

Go into audio settings for that camera and make sure that microphone is set to on. 

NorCalRob
Aspirant
Aspirant

The microphone and speaker are on. Volume is set to 97%. I can hear sound from the camera to my phone, but not the other direction.

Streak2
Master Master
Master

I assume you only have 1 camera so can't test this on another camera?

Login using https://arlo.netgear.com/ from a web browser, use the computers microphone and then see if the audio on the camera will work. If so then we know it's an Iphone/app issue.

NorCalRob
Aspirant
Aspirant

Streak2--

That's it! The speaker works on my one camera when I use th laptop, but not the phone. Now to work on the phone/speaker issue as I have eliminated the other issues. THANKS!

Streak2
Master Master
Master

Try and reinstall the app on your phone. That often fixes these weird quirks.

ertriad
Aspirant
Aspirant

Before reinstalling the App, check the Apps settings on your phone. In mine, I found my microphone was turned OFF !!!

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation