Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 Recording Lag & Delay (Need Help)

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Leonnnn
Tutor
Tutor

Hi guys, I recently purchased a pair of Arlo Pro 2, and they were working well. at the beginning. However, the recording lag and delay problems started happening recently. The cameras detect motion, so they start recording. However, everytime when I used my phone to check out those recorded videos, for the first 2-3 seconds I could not see the moving objects which had triggered the camera, instead I could only hear the voice(the video screen was kinda like frozen at that time). After 2-3 seconds, I could then see the moving objects. For Example, if a package delivery guy brings a package to my door, the video only shows the moment after he drops off the package and was halfway back to the truck. For the first 2-3 seconds when he is walking towards my door is not recorded(audio recording works since I can only hear the voice in the video). All I can see is his back instead of his face in the video. Don't know if I have explained this situation clearly, and don't know if anyone else has the same issue? Please provide any solution to this problem. Thank you! Your help is very much appreciated!!!

9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you read the FAQ here on best camera positioning for motion detection? Motion should be across the FOV, not at the camera. Remeber that the camera can only detect people out to maybe 25 feet. You may need to reposition the camera and/or increase motion sensitivity in your rules.

Leonnnn
Tutor
Tutor

Hi sir, thank you f or your reply. I don't think it has anything to do with the camera positioning. Like I said, it was working well when I just bought the cameras and the cameras position have never been changed, but after couple months, the problem started happending. The problem is:

everytime when I used my phone to check out those recorded videos, for the first 2-3 seconds I could not see the moving objects which had triggered the camera, instead I could only hear the voice(the video screen was kinda like frozen at that time). After 2-3 seconds, I could then see the moving objects, but they were almost halfway back to their cars.

PDKane
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same situation here. Worked perfectly well before, but now there is so much lag between motion detection and actual recording that a person can walk up to our door from any direction, ring the bell and walk away...the only thing we record is the person walking away at best. We have tested it, and there seems to be between a 12 and 18 second delay...quite a bit of delay. I purchased this for home protection and I think I'd be better off with a trail Cam for half the price. 

I have the sensitivity cranked up so that it will record leaves blowing in the fall...but only after they move around for about 15 seconds.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@PDKane

Can you post a screenshot of the viewing angle with the trouble camera? have you tried to remove & re-sync the camera and test again?

Leonnnn
Tutor
Tutor
Hello Sir. Thank you for your reply. Yes I just tried to restart and re sync the cameras and the base station. The issue still exists:(
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

What phone or device are you experiencing this with when viewing your videos? What is the OS version?

Leonnnn
Tutor
Tutor
Hello, I’m using iPhone XS, and the IOS is the newest version. And thoughts?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Leonnnn

Can you verify exactly which version of IOS this is. There has been a fix for reports regarding this issue in the past. I would like to find out if this is a beta version.

Leonnnn
Tutor
Tutor
Hi, my IOS version is 12.1.2

Thank you!
Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation