Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 - Receiving Notifications For All Motion With Cameras Set To People Only

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
abradvica
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have set my cameras to only notify me when it detects people. I have continued to receive email notifications for all motion detections (i.e. moving tree branches, birds, shadows, etc.).  I called into Arlo a couple of weeks ago and was told other people have this issue as well and they are working on it. I have not receive any subsequent feed back or directions on how to solve the problem. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Or come up with a solution? Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

abradvica,

The system will slowly learn as you mark these movements as other. How long have you been labeling these detections? also, if you happen to live in an area that rains or windy a lot, you can create a custom mode for these days with lower sensitivity.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

And if you're getting these queries where the box identifying the motion is in te wrong place, mark it as Other and Donate it.

abradvica
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am not marking them as anything. The notifications say if the camera detects motion vs. a person. I set the cameras to only notify me when it detects a person. But I keep getting notifications for both. Just want it working the way I have it set up.
abradvica
Aspirant
Aspirant
I dont know what this means.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Still, try donating them. Analysis may well help the accuracy over time as the team works on it.

abradvica
Aspirant
Aspirant

jguerdat,

I have no idea what you mean regarding "donating." It's not about the accuracy of the cameras. When they say they see a person, it's been a person. When they say they see motion, it's just motion of something, usually birds, insects, or leaves. What I want is to stop receiving emails everything time the cameras just see motion, when I have each camera set to just nofiy me when it sees a person.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Donating is something you can do when viewing a video in the library - it's one of the options along with deleting, etc. My suggestion was to try to supply videos to engineering so they can work on the software. However, if all the detections are correct, that wouldn't be useful.

Have you tried turning off all notifications in Settings, Manage Smart, your cameras, save and then turn them back on? Perhaps removing cameras from Smart,saving, and then adding them back in would be useful.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation