Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 Over exposure

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
M3rLiN_74
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi

I have a customer who has recently bought and installed an Arlo system (ARLO PRO 2 VMS4230P) After setting it up he gets issues on on of the camerans. As a motion detected recording starts the exposure is normal but it quickly turns over exposed. Why is that? And how do you solve it? Examples below.

normal.PNGstarts.PNGoverexposed.PNG

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Can't see the images yet. A shared video might be more useful so we get to see the whole chain of events. Use the library, view a video and click on the share icon. Copy the link and post it here. It will ony be available for 24 hours.

M3rLiN_74
Aspirant
Aspirant

Strange, I see the images fine. And the video link has unfortunately allready expired.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You will always see the images fine. The rest of us have to wait for them to be approved. I can now see them.

Regenerate the video link by viewing a video in the library and use the share icon to copy the link. Paste it here.

Also, have you tried using the brightness control while live viewing? Use the "sun" icon, adjust the slider and save the setting. Restart live view to see the change.

M3rLiN_74
Aspirant
Aspirant

My colleague has now been in contact with the Arlo support and I think she was asked just that, to ask the customer to try the brightness settings. Not sure what the result of that has been though, but tbh I doubt that would resolve this issue.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sometimes the inital few frames of the video can be over-exposed due to the camera adjusting the autoexposure.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation