Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 Offline

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
dannyb2100
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hello,

I have been trying to contact live chat but I just get the following after filling in all the details.

Welcome to Arlo Chat Support

Thanks! We're ready to help you with this product.

Live Chat not available

At any rate, one of our outdoor Arlo Pro 2's has gone offline?

I do not have a roof ladder in order to check what is wrong with the device. Its power source is working (have checked with my phone using a different USB cable)

Is there anything I can do short of getting a ladder up to the roof and removing the Arlo to physically inspect it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dannyb2100
Apprentice
Apprentice

So, took the camera down and put it on charge - nothing was not charging. Removed the battery and the device sprung to life. Put the battery back in and all good. 

So not sure what the problem was, but it seems power cycling resolved the issue.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If a reboot of the base unit ( power button off-on ) does not fix it, then yes ... you prob need to access the camera.

You seem to mention the camera is ac powered ?  not clear re you checked the power with a diff cable

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
dannyb2100
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hey TomMac,

The camera is AC powered yes. Checked the actual plug itself with a different cable and it charged my phone fine. 

Will try a base-station reboot shortly. 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Just so you know, a normal USb adapter will not charge the battery...it requires the original supplied adapter

dannyb2100
Apprentice
Apprentice

Rebooting the base station did nothing. 

So I'll have to get a roof ladder out and see what's wrong with the camera. 

By adaptor do you mean plug or cable? 

It's the original plug - the cable, on the other hand, is a specific outdoor one.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The ac adapter cube is a dual voltage qualcom type... 5v/9v , the cam needs the 9v to charge batt pack.

cable prob isn't from arlo but if the lighting bolt appeared on the battery in past , then it was charging

dannyb2100
Apprentice
Apprentice

Aye, it's been out there for around 4 months. 

We've had some rather bad storms these last couple of weeks, I've got a feeling it could be water ingress. But won't know until I get the camera down. 

Will report back when I do - thanks all the same. 

dannyb2100
Apprentice
Apprentice

So, took the camera down and put it on charge - nothing was not charging. Removed the battery and the device sprung to life. Put the battery back in and all good. 

So not sure what the problem was, but it seems power cycling resolved the issue.

Dannybear
Master
Master
Did you happen to check the battery contacts to see if they were clean?
Being out in the weather could cause a scale to build up on them even with gold contacts.
I’m not seen this myself as mine are not in the weather but just throwing it out there.
Waterbelly
Aspirant
Aspirant

dannyb2100
Apprentice
Apprentice

I didn't sadly. 

I do recall seeing some build up on the external connectors (from the cable to the camera). Could have caused a short of some sort maybe? 

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation