Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 - No camera sync to base

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Rebelone
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just bought  the Arlo Pro 2 base with two cameras.

Camera (or base) does not want to sync. Tried both cameras. Fully charged, LED's working as expected, blue blinking, followed by amber when no connection found. Base is connected to internet and visible on my.arlo account. Tried to reboot the base, restart, relocate, etc, but just just doesn't see the camera.

Is this a camera or base issue? Please give me some ideas. Only thing I can think of is that the firmware is not updated on camera, as it did update on the base, but how would I know?

HW - VMB4000r3

FW - 1.12.0.1_27940

Cheers, Rob

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Be sure to only briefly press the base sync button - don't hold it for 2 seconds. Did that help?

Rebelone
Aspirant
Aspirant

Found the problem.

Went searching through the commuinty database.

Problem wasn't with the hardware, but the WIFI/internet  connection. I connected the Arlo base to my Orbi router, with no result, connected to an Orbi satellite, no result, connected the incoming WIFI router, with the Orbi connected, no result.

Essentially, and I'm not sure if this is for the Orbi system only, the complete Orbi system needs to be turned off with the Arlo base connected to the incoming router and no problem. I'm not a tech head, but there is clearly some confusion with the Arlo system running at the same time as Orbi during sync. I haven't yet disconnected the Arlo base to relocate it to the Orbi router, but will be interesting to see if it holds the sync with the cameras.

Given that both systems are by Netgear, I think they should take a close look at this.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation