Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 - New to Arlo Smart on wireless pro 2 , can’t turn off general motion notification

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Frankie719
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok I am doing the trial version of Arlo smart, my intention for trying smart was to reduce motion notifications due to bugs close to the camera, I thought if I set smart to person and animal only; I could get rid of the bugs being detected near the camera, seems like this is why you would need or even want Arlo smart. Even though all other motion option disabled in Arlo smart I still get motion alerts for things that aren’t people or animals. Am I doing something wrong or is Arlo not capable of filtering out general motion alerts. Seems like if I can’t do this I think Arlo missed the ball on this one. If I disable motion detection in armed mode it won’t detect anything.

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

When you get recordings, what is identified as the reason noted in the library? It could be misidentification.

Frankie719
Aspirant
Aspirant

Don’t buy Arlo Smart if you are buying it to filter out security system false alarms, basically it’s can only be used for classification of Type of motion. it does send you a notification as to what type detection(person, animal, motion, etc).  But if you are trying to turn on an alarm or chime you can’t turn off general motion alarms/chimes.  So the Arlo Smart (at least the wireless camera versions) can’t be used to prevent a false alarm in the middle of the night because a moth flew too close to the camera 😞 The way it works is the camera sends the motion detection (does matter what kind) locally to the base station, the base station sound the alarm, rings the chime etc. Then the base station sends the video to the cloud to detect people, animals etc. Then the cloud sends you a notification on your phone and labels your video appropriately. Luckily I did the 1 month trial and cancelled my Smart subscription on day 1.  Arlo help chat expert confirmed you can’t use Arlo Smart as a false alarm filter, just a post classification tool. I did find a note somewhere in Arlo document that says you can’t turn off motion alarms in armed mode on wireless camera, the same might not be true for wired cameras? But I would do the trial before buying. Also I couldn’t find any info on doing trial, and almost no unbiased reviews anywhere on Arlo Smart person detection . To get the trial you need to subscribe, give them all you payment info, then cancel after the first month, they don’t charge the first month.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation