Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 Live View Lag and Fail Issues

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Sreenadh
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hey guys,

I have had this issues for MONTHS where when i go to view my Arlo Pro 2 online on a computer on chrome, it has one of the three common errors 100% of the time: 

1. It lags and takes FOREVER to connect to a live view (this was never the case before)

2. It says can't play more than 5 video streams at once when i only have 1 being viewed and it shows no video

3. Connection timed out

4. Camera offline

I have 18 of these cameras and i spends THOUSANDS on them only to have issues 24/7

Lastly whenever you put the arlo pro 2 into continous recording, it doesnt record anything. I contacted arlo support about thie 8 months ago and NO fix! How do you offer something that doesnt work?!

1 REPLY 1
Dannybear
Master
Master
Here are some suggested workarounds that I have used to improve reliably of my system.

Open a new arlo account, deactivate and remove all cameras from existing account. Remove the base from the existing account.
Do a factory reset on the base station to release the base serial from your existing account.
Remove data an delete the App from any mobile devices.

Use the web portal browser to open the new account and add in base and cameras.
Do not apply any pinch and zoom to any cameras.
Do not add any activity zones to the cameras.
Do not use geofencing on any mobile devices.
Do not share any account info to other third party apps.
Do not add other users.

The above has stopped my system from further degradation of functionality.
Unfortunately it will not repair any damage already done in the base station and cameras by the firmware. Alternatively return everything for replacement if possible.

Additional suggestion is to never power cycle the base or cameras, place the Base station on a ups. Restart of the base can be done via the App or browser. Cameras can be reset by the device removal, reload process.

Hope this helps.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation