Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
tealtiger21
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've been noticing this for a while now...whenever I live stream from my cameras (I currently have two of them), the connection times out, or I get what's in the photo I've attached, and they won't reconnect. The photo is from my Kindle Fire 10 tablet.

Also, when I try to connect using a web browser on my computer, they won't connect at all.

Is anyone else having these issues, and what can I do to fix it?

I've checked for updates, and all my firmware is up to date.

I'm not using any special anti-virus software on my PC, just the simple Windows Defender and Malwarebytes (I've just reformatted my PC a few days ago).

If anyone can help me figure this out, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

14 REPLIES 14
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried a different browser on you computer or a different computer when trying to live view? Can you reboot the base station & test again?

tealtiger21
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I've tried two different browsers - Chrome and Opera - and I've tried accessing the cameras on both my PC and my Kindle.

I've done the reboot of the base station, and I'm able to log into the site on at least one of the browsers now - Chrome, which before wouldn't let me log in at all - but I'm still getting the time-out errors on the cameras while live streaming them after a brief period of time.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

When these time out errors appear, what are the status LED's displaying on the front of your base station?

tealtiger21
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just plain green. The internet LED flashes when the streaming's happening, and then just stops when the cameras time out.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@tealtiger21

The Internet LED does not turn Amber does it? It just stops flashing green?

tealtiger21
Aspirant
Aspirant

No, they're all always green. The internet one just stops blinking when the cameras time out.

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

Have you tried rebooting your modem/router? 

tealtiger21
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I did that just last week when I reformatted my PC. This has been going on for a while before I did that.

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

@tealtiger21 wrote:

Yes, I did that just last week when I reformatted my PC. This has been going on for a while before I did that.

Are you able to to go on the web fine with no drop connection or lag from your PC or smartphone? It sounds like you have an internet problem.. 

tealtiger21
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, my internet is fine. No connection drop, no lag.

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

@tealtiger21 wrote:

Yes, my internet is fine. No connection drop, no lag.

Hmm.. How long does your streaming go before it times out on you? Is it consistent during the day/afternoon/night or just at times? and some days ok? Are all your recordings good & finish at the intended time set? I ask coz' it's prolly' Arlo's end that's having an issue.. 

tealtiger21
Aspirant
Aspirant

There's no specific time...it just times the cameras out whenever it feels like it. It could be a few minutes, it could be 20 minutes. And it happens every time I live stream them.

Rdash24
Tutor
Tutor
We experience this same issue and is so frustrating. Our internet is great, no other problems. Camera just spins and times out whenever it feels like. Has there been any resolution to this?
Dannybear
Master
Master
I frequently had this issue until I reset all my cameras pinch and zoom settings, use the web browser, go into each camera’s video settings, reset button under the thumbnail, while your there delete any activity zones.
Then monitor for a week before changing these settings again.
Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation