Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
MC11
Aspirant
Aspirant

So I'm sitting on the sofa and I notice the red lights around the camera have come on for a few seconds then turn off. It happens a couple of times that I notice and so I go into the app and turn the devices off.

Any ideas what could cause that? I'm clearly trying to avoid the thought of them being watched remotely...

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Do you have any subscription (not the free 7 day plan)? Is the camera AC powered? Do you notice this at any particular time, especially after midnight? Does anyone else have access to the cameras using your account or one that's been granted access?

MC11
Aspirant
Aspirant
Do you have any subscription (not the free 7 day plan)?

Nope

Is the camera AC powered?

Yep

Do you notice this at any particular time, especially after midnight?

It was c.10pm and I haven't noticed before

Does anyone else have access to the cameras using your account or one that's been granted access?

My wife and she was sitting next to me. She's got the app too.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I've seen night vision LEDs go on briefly in the early morning that I suspect has something to do with checking for updates or a background reset or something. Your case sounds more like it's due to being AC powered which keeps the camera alive (needed for CVR and 3 second look-backs). I'd guess some motion causes this to turn the night vision LEDs on but can't be sure.

MC11
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks that's useful. So you don't think I need to worry about it being hacked?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No but if concerned, change your password and use 2FA.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation