Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 - How to let others turn off the cameras but not have access to the video streams

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ThomasOester
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Community,

I just bought an Arlo Pro 2 with base and 2 cameras. I have a family member who helps out with the garden etc. sometimes when we are not home. He does not like that we have cameras setup outside when he is there.

As I do not always know when he will be there and he loves to surprise us with something he has done, then how can I accomodate this. Meaning: can I do something that helps him to shut down the cameras when he is there? (through app or a physical wireless button or something or something else)

BUT, at the same time, I do not want him to have access to our security camera videofeed and sound....

I would appreciate any suggestions.

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

There is Grant access, but it won't work the way you want cause they can see cameras/vids

https://kb.arlo.com/1103229/What-privileges-do-my-friends-have-when-I-grant-them-access-rights-in-my...

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
ThomasOester
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, thanks for getting back to me fast. 

I know of grant access - and as you mention, that won't work - I tried different approaches. 

But, it's important that there is no chance of seeing the video stream 🙂

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

your friend/family has no choice then as to the cameras... they are either active or not and you can't allow control without having access to feeds.

Morse is faster than texting!
ThomasOester
Aspirant
Aspirant

OK, thanks - that was what I feared. 

so, I guess I need another solution to this:

• does anyone know of (or have experience with) a way to handle this through e.g. IFTTT
  • or a hardware solution? Smartplug that they are allowed to have access to or something else?
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation