Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
dro350
Aspirant
Aspirant

After the new update to the app, the option for turning off notifications to only one camera has disappeared. I tried toggling off VEHICLES and lowering motion sensitivity to 1 but nothing is working. I would like to not have to turn the device off but am getting way too many notifications. Please help!

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@dro350 wrote:

I would like to not have to turn the device off but am getting way too many notifications. Please help!

You can go into the mode(s) you are using and remove notifications from the camera rule(s).  But it will still record, and likely will need to be charged very frequently.

Did you try

• removing the battery for 30 seconds or so, and then re-adding it?
  • removing the camera from the account, and then adding it back?
dro350
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have removed the battery before as I had to charge it. I have not removed the camera from the account as I don't see how that would help being there is no option for notifications under the camera mode to begin with. I have a feeling it was an option that was overlooked by Arlo when they completely redid the app.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@dro350 wrote:

I don't see how that would help being there is no option for notifications under the camera mode to begin with.

There is an option to remove notifications in the camera rule - which you should see with your other cameras.

Removing and reinstalling the camera often helps in situations like that.

Do you see "Library" in the app?  Or do you see "Dashboard" and "Feed" instead?

dro350
Aspirant
Aspirant

You’re right. I thought the rules were in the settings of the camera and never thought to go into the ROUTINES tab. Thanks for your help!

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation