Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 High Pitched Sound/Static When Viewing & Recording

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Tonycat82
Tutor
Tutor

I just purchased the 4 pack Arlo Pro 2. All was good for the first day, but now I have a static interference sound and clicking when live viewing or recording on all cameras.

One two of the four cameras I also have a high pitch whine aound when live viewing and recordings making annoying to watch. Does. Anyone else notice this or have a workaround to fix this?

Is it me or does the mic not as strong as the original arlo??

8 REPLIES 8
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Tonycat82,

This could be due to the camera locations. Try moving the camera and see if you still get the same behavior.

Also, keep in mind you could be experiencing a feedback loop if you are holding the device you are using to live stream too close to the cameras location when testing. Be sure you are standing a good distance away from the camera when running your test if using a mobile device.

JamesC

Tonycat82
Tutor
Tutor

@JamesC This did not fix the issue. I contacted support they. Had me re locate cameras and even logged into my camera to verify sound. They eventually sent me 4 cameras. Only two camera they sent me worked without static scratching or chirping. . They said it is a known issue apparently with the current camera version but have no timeline to fix this. They even closed out my case as resolved..... I’m pretty sure it’s not resolved.....Few months later. The sound is back again. On the two good ones they sent me... For 800+ dollars this is absolutely ridiculous. And on top of the IPhone bug for the two way talk features. I should have went with a different camera. Not worth the hassle

Also my friend who recommended Arlo Pro 2 (who has the Arlo Pro) does not have these issues and the microphone is far superior than what the Arlo Pro 2 has. The sound quality and sensitivity is far superior. You guys dropped the ball on this one.

Tonycat82
Tutor
Tutor

Bump....

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Tonycat82,

I encourage you to open another support case on this issue if you're still experiencing a problem. Let me know if you need further assistance opening the case.

JamesC

MinhT8
Guide
Guide

I’m having the same issues with the Arlo Pro. I’ve just got this from costco and thiinking about returning it

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi Tonycat82,

Has anything changed in the environment, was there anything moved closer to the camera that you know of? there are a few things we can try to see if we can remedy the issue. Can you move the camera(s) to a different location to see if you can replicate the issue. You can also try to open the Camera door and remove/insert the battery, reboot the base station.

MinhT8
Guide
Guide
I’ve powered cycled both base and camera and left camers within 10ft from the base. I can still hear the noise.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

MinhT8,

Do you have the camera plugged in while noticing the noise? 

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation