Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 - Geofencing with multiple devices

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
CsDot
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just like many others before me it seems, I have problems using geofencing with more than one device.

I am the main account holder - geofencing works perfectly with my iPhone.

My wife has a user account that has been granted access - her iPhone is set up to allow location services at all times for the Arlo app.  

The geofencing setup has both my phone and my wife's phone as enabled devices.  I have been through the 'disable all the devices, save, enable the ones you want, save' process that is mentioned as the solution to many other questions.

Basically, although two devices are enabled for geofencing, Arlo is totally ignoring the existence of my wife's phone leading to arming when she's home but I'm not / not disarming when she gets home first.

Really quite frustrating and means that a very key reason that I bought the Arlo 2 system in the first place just doesn't seem to work as advertised.

2 REPLIES 2
Dannybear
Master
Master
Have you tried disabling and then enabling the phone setting in geofencing. May have to do this a few times to get it to work.
KJH55
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have just bought and installed Arlo Pro 2 and attempted to set up geofencing for my iPhone and my wife and I am having the same problem - the geofencing system decribed by Arlo for multiple mobile devices simpy does not work, at least not for iphones. I tried to make use of the Arlo free 90 day support to get the issue resolved but the help centre assistant seemed to know less than I did about geofencing from reading the manual for 5 minutes!

I hope to hear news from Arlo that they will be fixing this issue soon or else they will be getting lots of bad consumer reviews!

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation