Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 Geofencing with 2 Phones

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation
Raddle
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am unable to get geofencing to arm and disarm properly with two iPhones. My system arms whenever the first phone is out of zone, regardless of whether the second phone is in zone. I raised a trouble ticket and escalted to Level 2 support on January 12. I checked the status today. I was told, "There is no update on this yet. However, [Level 2 Support Engineer] noted here that he will Email or phone you as soon as there is a new update regrading this issue."

Please note I updated the firmware and apps early January. I also change the names of the two iPhones to remove special characters. The app correctly detects the location of both phones. It's just that the logic is not following "Last out, first in."

15 REPLIES 15
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Raddle,

Is the app open and running on the device you're having trouble with? Is it signed in using it's on (shared) account?

JamesC

Raddle
Aspirant
Aspirant

Both our apps correctly show whether the device is in zone or out of zone. I assume my wife can't see the status if she wasn't logged in. So, the app and, I assume, the base station know the correct location of the devices. The problem is the logic of "last out, first in" is not working.

weiser5150
Aspirant
Aspirant

try changing away mode to unarmed and Home mode to armed.......then switch it back.

Raddle
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried it. No luck.

avanvliet
Guide
Guide
Having the same issue from the sounds of it. My wife and are both on the account with our devices showing up in the geofencing screen. Mine (first connected) tends to work consistently. My wife's works off and on, very inconsistent. She'll be home and when I look at the geofencing screen I can see her dot INSIDE the radius, but it doesn't recognize her!

Sometimes it will work for her to restart the arlo app, and it will begin to recognize her location, but other times nothing happens, still won't work.
dmatt56
Star
Star
Same issue. My phone works but not wife. It did work properly last year, but something seems to have changed.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Your phone works but not your wife? Get her a job!

😛

Deus05
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just curious..

Are you logged in with the same account on both phones? Or are you logged in with your account on your phone and your wife has a different account on her phone to which you share the cameras?

I'd like to set geofencing up for our family as well, but wasn't sure that it would work with two phones.

Raddle
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am logged in on my account. I invited my wife to join through the app. That's how she is logged in.

Near as I can tell, this is a bug that Arlo is working to fix.

avanvliet
Guide
Guide
Same here, I signed up first and granted her access through the app. So she logs in with her own credentials and I can manage what she has access to.

As has been mentioned before this seems to be bug with the app, not the setup, that arlo needs to address.
Raddle
Aspirant
Aspirant
I received an update from Level 2 support today: "Thank you for the information provided. We regret to inform you that the fix for this issue is not yet available. This has been previously reported to the Engineering team and we are still waiting for update from them. We will send you another email update once we hear from the team. Thank you once again for choosing NETGEAR.."
pinkoos
Apprentice
Apprentice
Count me in on this bug too..
RChobby
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
I have this exact same problem. The wife’s iPhone does not reliably show in zone when it is, so the system stays armed. Also went to level2 support. Every other app (where’s my iPhone,etc) shows location correctly.
mmihnev
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello,

I bought and just installed Arlo pro system in my home, however I am struggling to get the geofence to work with my phone and my wife's phone. I have follow the instructions and I have given access to my wife's account. She can see Mode in the app, however she cannot edit the geofence mode (the edit is only available for the schedule mode). I have reinstalled the app on my wife's phone, I have removed and added access but situation is still the same. Any thoughts how I can resolve this?

Kind Regards
M
ispyu
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue with android phones.  Hope the engineers can fix this as this was one of the key reasons I bought.

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation