Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
re00319
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have two Pro 2s that are hardwired and working fine. I added yesterday a new Pro 2 that is not hardwired but uses the battery. Why am I getting the above error message on this unit? In the activity settings the message says “To enable Activity Zones, please connect your device to AC power.” Does the Activity Zone settings only work on AC? Please advise. Thank you.

9 REPLIES 9
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @re00319

The cameras require a smart subscription to utilize the activity zones while on battery power.

re00319
Aspirant
Aspirant

Where do I get this subscription?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @re00319

I have provided a link that will guide you through this process. How do I subscribe to Arlo Smart?

Diane0199
Initiate
Initiate
Wire free cameras were working fine until 3/29, then I started getting message that power was lost on ac, mine are battery powered and were working. They must have installed a bad update. Now my activity zones don’t work anymore. The motion detector keeps going off , but it’s not recording like it’s supposed to. Bad update!!!! They were working great before this!!
Diane0199
Initiate
Initiate
I have a subscription, but it doesn’t seem to register with devices!
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @Diane0199

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest any prior methods you have previously performed.

carlos9876
Initiate
Initiate
I literally had the same thing with the app update. My cameras are wireless so I don’t really understand this issue. It should not require any subscription.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@carlos9876 wrote:
My cameras are wireless so I don’t really understand this issue. It should not require any subscription.

If your camera is powered by AC, then activity zones are processed in the camera itself.  No subscription is needed.

If your camera is powered by battery (or the solar panel), then activity zones are processed in the Arlo Cloud - which does require a subscription (and always did).  If the behavior just changed for you, then perhaps your trial subscription just expired. 

Reallyconfused
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Do not pay for this service yet as it does not work.

I have had it for almost a year and it worked fine, but several weeks back it stopped working. I did contact customer service and even had my case elevated to level three, where it remains.  I was told by the tech. that it is a current known issue and they are working on it. At this time and date, if anyone tells you it is working, be cautious. If its working for some it is not working for everyone.

My case is still active but I am having VERY LITTLE RESPONCE from anyone at Arlo, even after their promise to get back to me within a time quoted by them.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation