Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 Didn't Record To USB Drive During Internet Outage

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ant
Mentor
Mentor

For a few minutes, cable Internet went out according to its modem and logs. Also, there were activities that should had triggered the wireless cameras. However, no local recordings were found on the connected USB3 64 GB PNY flash drive to the Arlo Pro 2's base station during this outage.

Arlo Pro 2 used to record cameras' videos locally when I disconnected the base station's supplied network cable from the router. What's wrong? Did Netgear/Arlo break something again? 😞

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ant
Mentor
Mentor

OK, it seems to work again after testing its disconnected network cable from the base station.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
steve_t
Master Master
Master

I haven't checked in ages. Can you manually test the feature and see if you get recordings?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi ant,

Have you tested the USB Drive out of the system to see if it is functioning properly?

ant
Mentor
Mentor

@ShayneS wrote:

Hi ant,

Have you tested the USB Drive out of the system to see if it is functioning properly?

Do you mean access the USB flash drive on a computer? Then, yes it works since I was checking its recording files hence how I noticed missing recordings.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Ant,

As steve_t mentioned, can you manually test this? Try recording without internet and see if you can replicate the issue.

ant
Mentor
Mentor

OK, it seems to work again after testing its disconnected network cable from the base station.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation