Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 Continues To Go Offline

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Jillannferg
Follower
Follower

VERY frustrated.  Connected my Arlo Pro 2 base unit, synced with my camera and did it inside the house prior to mounting outside.  Night time came so decided to just play with it inside the house tonight and every time I take the camera out of the room where the base unit is I go “off line”.  Does the camera really have to be like 3’ at all times from the base unit, even when it’s mounted outside?  If so this will NOT be acceptable.  I am NOT a happy consumer right now.  

3 REPLIES 3
RoscoPcoaltrain
Aspirant
Aspirant

Iam having the same problem and my batteries dont last over 2 to 3 days 😠 any help anyone...thanx

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

These sound like you have something interfering with the base-camera WiFi connection. It can be house construction or 2.4GHz interference. What's near the base or the cameras that happens to use 2.4GHz? Is the house construction very dense or have ductwork or other metallic obstacles blocking the signal?

Ihate100bees
Tutor
Tutor

I have a 2450 square foot house built in 1887 with very thick walls and my main router and the base station are mounted in my basement turn up the bass station is 5 ft from my main router. The cameras are placed an opposite sides with in my house. We're talkin 50 to 100 feet Torrid I have experience absolutely no problems at all with going offline and they remain NSYNC perfectly. I would check your main router to make sure that it is doing everything it is supposed to do. You could have a problem outside your house. I'm using fiber and my speed is 300 megabytes per second. I'm not sure what speed you have but that would have a lot to do with these cameras. When I have the basic service from AT&T, Arlo tech support told me these cameras would not work unless I had between 75 and 100 megabyte speed. Hopefully that's not your problem but I would check your router. Good luck!

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation