Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
DrClaw
Aspirant
Aspirant

This subject has been brought up before, but I didn't see that there was a solution. "So the ArloPro 2 has the ability for two-way communication, but when someone comes to my door, I cannot connect with Live View. I'm guessing it's because it has detected motion and is recording. But what good is live view if you cant connect?!? Am I missing a setting? I feel like I just wasted a few hundred $. I can connect easily to live view when nobody is there. But what good is that? I'm pretty disappointed. " I am experiencing this issue, and quite frankly, its a deal breaker. What good is a motion alert if you can't immediately pull up the live view of the cam and see what triggered the motion? Please Help, or this system is going back to the retailer.

5 REPLIES 5
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@DrClaw wrote:
This subject has been brought up before, but I didn't see that there was a solution. "So the ArloPro 2 has the ability for two-way communication, but when someone comes to my door, I cannot connect with Live View. I'm guessing it's because it has detected motion and is recording. But what good is live view if you cant connect?!? Am I missing a setting? I feel like I just wasted a few hundred $. I can connect easily to live view when nobody is there. But what good is that? I'm pretty disappointed. " I am experiencing this issue, and quite frankly, its a deal breaker. What good is a motion alert if you can't immediately pull up the live view of the cam and see what triggered the motion? Please Help, or this system is going back to the retailer.

I just tried that on my garage camera and it worked fine for me.  I walked into the camera FOV while looking at the devices screen.  I saw the motion indicator turn orange for that camera and then I clicked on the Live View arrow.  Live View connected in a second or two as it should.

DrClaw
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was checking on several motion alerts while at work, I had strong wifi signal on my phone and got nothing but the spinning wheel consecutivley for a dozen attempts. I also logged in on my laptop, also strong network signal, no luck. This is pretty disconcerting, half of the appeal of this system is to use the 2 way intercom in real time. If the live view never loads when there is an alert, its pretty much pointless... It doesn't do a whole lot of good to have a recording of who is at your door minutes after they have left

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@DrClaw wrote:

I was checking on several motion alerts while at work, I had strong wifi signal on my phone and got nothing but the spinning wheel consecutivley for a dozen attempts. I also logged in on my laptop, also strong network signal, no luck. This is pretty disconcerting, half of the appeal of this system is to use the 2 way intercom in real time. If the live view never loads when there is an alert, its pretty much pointless... It doesn't do a whole lot of good to have a recording of who is at your door minutes after they have left

What version of the app are you using?  And which one?

DrClaw
Aspirant
Aspirant

Version 2.7.4 on IOS, 

'MyArlo' from Chrome Browser on laptop, also tried Safari Browser

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

I believe V2.7.4 should have solved the Live Stream problems some people were having with 2.7.0.

Have you tried to replicate this locally by arming and triggering motion detection while you are home and viewing the Devices screen?  Try it on local WiFi and on cellular with WiFi off, to evaluate different network situations.  I wonder if anyone else is having this problem.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation