Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 34 Replies
  • 11 Likes
  • 13 In Conversation
Srua
Follower
Follower
Will the Arlo Pro2 be available in Canada? If so, when is the anticipated release date?
34 REPLIES 34
BretD
Arlo Employee Retired

Your best bet is to keep an eye on the Arlo Pro 2 Landing page. It automatically grabs the latest prices and stock in your area. Just click the "Arlo Pro 2 Buy Now" button.

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY If you found this helpful.
DeviousTDI
Initiate
Initiate

They are on pre-order on best buy Canada.  Says they are shipping Oct 31st.

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/netgear-arlo-pro-2-wireless-indoor-outdoor-security-system-with...?

Reefee
Tutor
Tutor

I had pre-ordered - but then it seems this product has been taken down by Best Buy Canada ( The link shows  a "Page not found" error) - Not sure why...

I ended up canceling my order with Best Buy

DeviousTDI wrote:

They are on pre-order on best buy Canada.  Says they are shipping Oct 31st.

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/netgear-arlo-pro-2-wireless-indoor-outdoor-security-system-with...?

BretD
Arlo Employee Retired

If a product is out of stock they may hide it in their system.  Look for the model number there or other places. VMS4230P (2 camera system).

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY If you found this helpful.
Reefee
Tutor
Tutor
Thanks... I don't think it's available anywhere in Canada. And by the way.. Best buy took the order as "preorder" with a lunch date of 31st.. But they have now removed this product.. It looks like your launch plans for Canada remain uncertain
BikerCA
Tutor
Tutor

Reply from Best Buy Canada

Hello Gary

Thank you for your e-mail inquiry. 

We apologize for the delay with your order. Sometimes if multiple people are ordering an item at the same time, it can cause inventory to be depleted after checkout has been completed. If we receive more stock within the next 7 days, we will ship the item out to you as soon as it is available. If it is not, someone from the inventory team will be in touch with you via e-mail. 

Any further questions or concerns do not hesitate in contacting us back at 1-866-237-8289, 
and a customer service representative will be happy to assit you. 

Thank you for choosing Bestbuy.ca! 

iheartarlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I wonder if this has to do with the Arlo 2 issues. Maybe Netgear is holding off on a Canada release until the haze/dark image issues are resolved.

Reefee
Tutor
Tutor
What is the haze/dark issue?
Athena555
Guide
Guide

Bestbuy:

I also preordered the Arlo Pro 2 on your Canadian site.   The cameras were supposed to be delivered by the end of October, just after the launch of this new product.

Now my online order status says the item is out of stock. But the item is no longer even listed on your website. So, it doesn’t seem that it’s out of stock, but rather that it is no longer available.

I emailed and phoned Bestbuy’s (horrible) customer service department, only to be given vague and unhelpful  information. I even called our local store. No one seems to know what Bestbuy’s status of the Arlo pro 2 is.

Why is this product no longer listed on your site?

Reefee
Tutor
Tutor
Looks like it's launch has been delayed.. But hard to get a straight answer from anyone... Bestbuy or Netgear...
Athena555
Guide
Guide

Thanks, Reefee.

Be nice if one of these companies would fill us in after taking our money in pre-orders, though.......grumble grumble.....

arlobb
Guide
Guide
Come on Netgear! When?????
BikerCA
Tutor
Tutor
Shipped to me yesterday from Best Buy Canada. Should have them Monday or Tuesday.
Athena555
Guide
Guide
Me too. Bestbuy is shipping the Arlo Pro 2 to me Tuesday. I even have the Canada Post tracking number.

Weird thing is, at the same time I received that update from BestBuy, Arlo sent an email saying the Pro 2 release date for Canada hasn't been determined yet. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
dezi
Apprentice
Apprentice
BikerCA
Tutor
Tutor
Received the Arlo today. They shipped the VMS4430 instead of the VMS4430P!
dezi
Apprentice
Apprentice

Sucks

BikerCA wrote:
Received the Arlo today. They shipped the VMS4430 instead of the VMS4430P!

Athena555
Guide
Guide
BIKERCA - They did the same to me - shipped the old model. 😬
BikerCA
Tutor
Tutor
Not happy!
BikerCA
Tutor
Tutor
Below is an e-mail I received today. I replied that I do not want a refund because I would lose my pre order discount on my new order.

Please be advised that we have forwarded the case to the appropriate department for further investigations,we are sorry for any inconvenience caused by this situation. Once the depot team will receive the product ,they will issue a refund for the same .
Thank you for your continued patience and understanding. 
If you have further questions, please reply back to this e-mail or feel free to give us a call at 1-866-237-8289. 
arlobb
Guide
Guide
How much was the preordered promo?
BikerCA
Tutor
Tutor

10% off the order. In my case a $100.00.

SHPREORDER - SAVE 10% of smart home pre-orders 2017

arlobb
Guide
Guide
Thanks!

I'm hoping AP2 will be available in BestBuy. ca on Black Friday.

Discussion stats
  • 34 Replies
  • 11 Likes
  • 13 In Conversation