Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 - Can Arlo Pro 2 Detect Motion and Record Through A Window?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
BettyXO
Aspirant
Aspirant

The current model will record through a window if the motion dector was already activated. Example, It activated when I opened the door and it continued recording through the window as I left the house, ( on playback I can see myself through the window locking my front door).  However, I origanally purchased Arlo so I could catch Peeping Toms looking through my kithen window.  And the current Arlo can't motion detect through windows even a foot away from the window. What I really want is a camera that will record everything, even someone standing and  peering into my window. With that said, does the new Arlo Pro 2 record what's going on outside the window on it's own without first having to be motion activated indoors?  I would like to say that it does currently record through the window "screen", but I can't keep my window open all the time, especially when the wind activates it every second if it's blowing - very annoying deleting all those videos. 

Please tell me the answere is yes!

Thank you, I'm still very happy with this product. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BettyXO
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi TomMac, Thank you! I was thrilled to get your quick reply. Even more thrilled reading your answer!

What great news, I'm sure I'll get the Arlo Pro 2 knowing that it will record through windows with the CVR option. I have an outlet near the window so should be no problem. I need to figure out what the CVR option is.. what it intails. I definately want it to record 24/7. And apprearently I can arm it simple enough by adding it the router with my other two Arlos'. Yet it sounds like it doesn't need to be armed with the CVR option. I guess I'll figure it out. But you made my day! Thanks again :) 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

What may be better suited for you is the Q cam with the CVR option , but I will answer your question.

"does the new Arlo Pro 2 record what's going on outside the window on it's own without first having to be motion activated indoors?"

When plugged in to ac power, the PRO2 will detect motion thru glass windows ( like the Q camera )...

But it must be ARMED.  Unless you purchase the CVR option which will record 24/7 with or without arming

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
BettyXO
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi TomMac, Thank you! I was thrilled to get your quick reply. Even more thrilled reading your answer!

What great news, I'm sure I'll get the Arlo Pro 2 knowing that it will record through windows with the CVR option. I have an outlet near the window so should be no problem. I need to figure out what the CVR option is.. what it intails. I definately want it to record 24/7. And apprearently I can arm it simple enough by adding it the router with my other two Arlos'. Yet it sounds like it doesn't need to be armed with the CVR option. I guess I'll figure it out. But you made my day! Thanks again :) 

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation