Arlo Pro 2 Cameras and firmware update, externally powered, no battery

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
thhemp
Follower
Follower

I have three cameras outdoors that are externally powered with the Arlo power adapter.  I purchased a fourth camera to be used indoors.   When I added the fourth camera all the other three cameras went into firmware update mode.  And the update could not be done because it said that the batteries were not charged enough.  There actually are no batteries installed.  To get the update to the three outside cameras I had to install a battery in each and this then let the update occur.  I have to use a ladder to get to these cameras, so I am going to leave the batteries installed at this point.  The reason for this post is that I did a fair amount of searching on this forum and internet searches with no definite statement that the batteries need to be installed for a firmware update to happen.  Lots of discussion stating that it did not matter if the battery is installed when externally powered, but it seems to be a requirement on firmware updates to the cameras.

4 REPLIES 4
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi thhemp,

I've raised this up to the development team. When we hear any new information, we'll update the community here.

ImageClear
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks! I have exactly the same issue. One of my Arlo Pro 2s is now not working anymore as it says it requires a firmware update and for that update it needs new batteries. Problem is, the camera has no battery inside, it is only AC connected and it is mounted in a space where getting to is really, really complicated.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi thhemp and ImageClear,

The team looked into this but was not able to replicate the issue. I would suggest to contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

AndreaBB
Aspirant
Aspirant
To second your comment. It is complete idiocy that Arlo cameras would need/require batteries for firmware upgrades.

Arlo - DO BETTER!!!!!
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation