Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 Camera detects motion even with sensors blocked and covered.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
ehenry
Tutor
Tutor

I have a new ARLO Pro 2 four camera system. Opened the box and set it up two days ago. Of the four cameras 3 of them work perfectly with factory default settings. One camera, however, constantly detects motions when there is none. Adjusted settings according to ARLO support. Still have the same issue. I have gone so far as to wrap the camera in a black opaque cloth and put it in a drawer in a totally dark closet and it still detects motion and records. I turned is face down on a counter top in a a dark closet and STILL detects motion and started recording.  I have a case open with ARLO support on this.

How many hoops must I jump through and how many dog tricks must I do before ARLO  before will replace a defective

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ehenry
Tutor
Tutor

After several calls to support, and lengthy hold time on each call, I have received a replacement camera last Friday that is functioning as it should. I dont know if it is a new or a refurbished camera.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If removing and resyncin g the camera doesn't help, the fastest thing to do is to swap at the store.

ehenry
Tutor
Tutor

The store does not have any Arlo systems in stock. That is why I had no other choice but to reach out to ARLO support knowing I would get push back from ARLO support.

It shouldnt be this hard to get the manufacture to ship a replacement device.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @ehenry

Did you supply customer support with the same information as you original post? 

"I have gone so far as to wrap the camera in a black opaque cloth and put it in a drawer in a totally dark closet and it still detects motion and records. I turned is face down on a counter top in a a dark closet and STILL detects motion and started recording."

ehenry
Tutor
Tutor

I gave the support tech the same information I posted here and he was adamant that sensitivity settings be changed. After the motion detect sensitivity setting was changed from 80 to 50 then saved it stopped sensing motion all together.

This morning I removed and re-synced the camera with a new name and started changing the detect motion sensitivity down from 80 one increment at a time. Presently I am at 66 and haven't received a false motion detection since 2:26 cst.  I will check it when I get home from work to see if it will pick up any motion at all now.

I've been in the IT field for 30+ years and have delt with tech support from Cisco, IBM, Linksys, DELL, HP, COMPAQ....too many to list and i understand that first level support can only do what their screen tells them to do but this camera is clearly defective. One of my co-workers who sold me on an ARLO system had to have a new camera shipped to him because of a sync issue and it was all done with one phone call. He didnt have to return to the store where he bought it from either.

My open case number is 41852442.

If the camera still has issues I will call ARLO support again Monday morning.

ehenry
Tutor
Tutor

The camera does not detect motion at all now being set at 66. Will try my luck with Arlo support on Monday morning and see if I can get it replaced.

ehenry
Tutor
Tutor

I got a response from ARLO support update today advising that they are going to replace my camera. Now, it will be interesting to see if they move in a timely manner and ship the replacement. I was given 3 options to get the process rolling. One was a standard ground shipment with me shipping them the camera first at my expense before they will ship a replacement. The second option, which I chose and costs me $16.90, is they will ship a replacement along with a prepaid return shipping label. The third option costs $29.90 and is a next business day.

The ball is in their court........

dcfox1
Master
Master

What option did you choose?

ehenry
Tutor
Tutor

@dcfox1, I chose the 2nd option as stated in my prior post.

I have responded to Arlo's case update request with my my choice and shipping address this morning.  I have not received any type confirmation that my response was received by Arlo.

ehenry
Tutor
Tutor

Arlo sent an RMA. When I opened and tried to complete the RMA their system told me the RMA had already been completed online and I hadnt sent them any thing for the RMA.

I guess I'll be calling ARLO support in the morning and waiting on hold for an hour. This is really frustrating. I actually thought the case was going to be resolved today.

ehenry
Tutor
Tutor

After several calls to support, and lengthy hold time on each call, I have received a replacement camera last Friday that is functioning as it should. I dont know if it is a new or a refurbished camera.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation