Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
dmaxwellsf
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just bought the Arlo Pro 2 Camera 5-pack and I noticed that the first camera I paired with the base station seems to be permanently zoomed in a bit.  If I set this camera next to the others, the other 4 cameras all have a wider field of view.  I checked the zoom settings on this camera and the app says it's at zoom level 1.0.  I can zoom in more, but can't zoom out more.

Is this camera defective?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@dmaxwellsf

Have you tried to reboot your base station or remove & re-sync the trouble camera and test again?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
slompochomp
Luminary
Luminary

How do I use the pan and zoom feature in my Arlo app when viewing live footage?

If You Got Em....I'll Chew Em!

Netgear & Arlo Beta Tester
dmaxwellsf
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the quick response, but I was already aware of how to check/adjust the zoom settings.

I set all 5 cameras side-by-side.  Using the Camera Positioning Utility and zooming out to 1.0 each time, I took these screenshots.  As you can see, one camera clearly stands out from the others.

good camera 1good camera 1Good Camera 2Good Camera 2Bad CameraBad CameraGood Camera 3Good Camera 3Good Camera 4Good Camera 4

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@dmaxwellsf

Have you tried to reboot your base station or remove & re-sync the trouble camera and test again?

dmaxwellsf
Aspirant
Aspirant

I contacted Arlo Support on Monday and they helped me fix the problem.  As you suggested, I needed to remove and re-sync my camera.  I believe the steps I followed were:

1) Bring the problem camera close to the base station

2) Remove the camera battery

3) Removed the camera from my Arlo Base Station using the iOS Arlo App

4) Unplugged the base station and waited 2 minutes before plugging it back in.

5) Waited for all 3 lights to turn solid green on the base station

6) I think I put the battery back in the camera next

7) I think I pressed the base station on the camera for about 2 or 3 seconds next

😎 I pressed the sync button on the camera for 2 or 3 seconds and waited for the camera to resync.

Once the camera resynced, the camera image and zoom function matched the others.

Thanks for the tip!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@dmaxwellsf

You are welcome, we are here to help as best we can. Let us know if you have any further questions.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation