Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
pdn168
Aspirant
Aspirant

New to the Arlo community as this is my first post after buying the Arlo Pro 2, 4 camera system.   I need help with suggested camera placements for my house in the front and back of the home.    I will need to post a picture of the back of the home in a separate post .  

I wanted to place a camera to monitor the front door but I have no idea where to place it.   Also, where else would you recommend I place the other cameras.    Any help would be much appreciated.   Thanks in advance!

5 REPLIES 5
pdn168
Aspirant
Aspirant

Attached is a image of the back

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Here you go...

Remember to try and have the access at about 45 degrees so the person walks accross the field of view instead of straight on whille aiming down as for people the max range is about 25ft ( so don't try and cover to much area )

Use a temp mount till sure it works well in location ( brick may require double stick molding tape ( auto store ) or command stripes or similar )

Keep light out of picture by tilting down a bit into yards, avoid traffic on road if possible

Start with a sense level of about 95% and then lower it SLOWLY, a 1% or so every day till you capture what you want without a lot of false captures

Setting up well is half the process and takes time..I've move several cams a number of time to get exactly what I needed and now the system works well ( do one camera at a time )

lets us know how it works out

h1.JPGh2.JPG

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
pdn168
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is great info and feedback. Thank you very much. 🙂

pdn168
Aspirant
Aspirant

What Arlo Mounts would you recommend?   

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @pdn168,

You can check out what mounts we have available here on our website. Any mounts listed here will work with any Arlo Wireless Camera: All Arlo Products & Accessories.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation