Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 Camera Battery Issue

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
jbranner3
Aspirant
Aspirant

New Purchase w/4 cameras. Three of the four cameras synched. #2 would not synch. Synch light wouldn't come on, regardless of how I pressed the synch button. Tried charging 8 hours w/in-box charger. (Did not wait for solid blue light.) no luck. Swapped batteries with one of the other three working cameras. It worked fine and synched the way it should. App shows all four cameras. Battery; right? 

Checked the battery's electrical contact surface to be sure there was no plastic (film), dirt, or other obstruction to contact. Reinserted battery. Blue light flashes for a second and goes out. Seems normal. 

Plugged camera with suspect battery into charger. Gets two blinking amber lights every minute. The manual states it will blink one amber every minute if the charge is low, and turn solid blue when fully charged. Have yet to see a solid blue light after another four hours of charging this battery. Curious to know if two blinking ambers mean something different than one. How long does a camera battery take to charge with the in-box charger? Is this a defective battery? Or, am I just being impatient? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jbranner3
Aspirant
Aspirant

Update: Took the battery back to BestBuy. They gave me a new one. All good now! 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
jbranner3
Aspirant
Aspirant

Update: Took the battery back to BestBuy. They gave me a new one. All good now! 

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation