Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
mikegg1104
Tutor
Tutor

I have 5 Arlo Pro 2 cameras that worked fine up until I had to charge the batteries for the first time! I am using the original Netgear Arlo charger. The batteries charge to 100% according to the ap but then discharge quickly. Example. Today the camera battery on the front of my house was down to 10%. I charged it for about 3 hours until it was at 100%. I checked the camera a couple hours later and now the battery is already down to 21%. Any suggestions?

5 REPLIES 5
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi mikegg1104,

Is this all the batteries or just the one? Have you tested the other cameras after a 100% charge?

mikegg1104
Tutor
Tutor

I'm in the process of charging another battery now. The original camera that I stated was not holding a charge went from 100% to 21% and now reading 55%. Strange! Should I put back on charge?

mikegg1104
Tutor
Tutor

Just checked it again (10 minutes later) and now the battery level is at 10%

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

mikegg1104,

Let's see what that fresh battery does in the troublee camera when it is done charging. If you have not already, you can try and remove the device and resync the camera as well.

setti
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem here. 2 x Arlo Pro 2 cameras worked wonderfully for several months until first charge and now I'm charging them pretty much every other day, which isn't ideal.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation