Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
KRUDD
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've had my arlo cameras for a couple years now however recently the batteries died entirely. I've bought replacement batteries however my one camera continues to show "Your arlo device appears offline", no matter what I do. Additionally, the blue LED light will just slowly blink the entire time. Every once in awhile it blinks extremely fast blue or amber but almost entirely just slow blue. I've removed the device from the account and re-added it successfully multiple times. What is weird is it will show as being "online" for a second with a full battery but when you try and connect to view live it immediately goes to the offline status. 

It does this whether it is plugged into a power outlet or not.

The Hub is wired into my router directly and is within range of the camera. I also have 3 other cameras which I have no issues with. I'm fairly confident this is not a battery issue since its a new battery (off brand) and the other camera battery I replaced worked fine.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

3 REPLIES 3
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

I sometimes find that I need to remove the battery for 10sec to reset the camera even after replacing the battery. 

KRUDD
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the response. I gave this a shot but it did not make a difference, unfortunately. Is there any other suggestions you may have I can try? I appreciate the help!

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

The slow blinking suggests that the camera is trying to sync to the base station.

https://kb.arlo.com/642/What-do-the-different-LED-behaviors-on-my-Arlo-camera-mean 

Try moving the camera near the base station and perform the manual syncing process of pressing the base sync button for 2sec then the camera sync button.

Although the camera has been added ok, the base might be struggling to communicate with the camera.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation