Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 CVR stopped recording

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
alcat
Luminary
Luminary

Hello - I have a new Arlo 2 Pro (as of Nov 13 2017). CVR recording has worked up until Nov 16 at 7:45am. At that time CVR has stopped recording any activity ( no green bars when I review recordings). 

I have re-synced multiple times, un-plugged/plugged in camera multiple times, unplugged/plugged in base station. But still no recording images. Plus in CVR live mode the camera shows the last image from non-CVR live mode, meaning when I click Live ifrom the device page not the CVR page.

Any ideas? 

Al

9 REPLIES 9
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Contact Netgear Support ( bottom of page ) ...it's prob not your doing

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
alcat
Luminary
Luminary

thanks and I did. I agree this must be on their end. I

Johnny45
Apprentice
Apprentice
Curious, do you find you have time sync issues with the green activity areas?
alcat
Luminary
Luminary

I have not noticed any time sync issues using CVR. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A few things here:

- The time sync issue has been resolved. I had a 20+ minute difference that no longer exists.

- CVR should show you when recordings were made by a bar above the timeline but doesn't cause recordings. If no bars are showing, it's becuase there were no recordings made.

- Have you verified that you have the Armed or your own custom mode selected so that recordings should be occurring? A simple, quick test is to see if the running men for each camera in the Devices tab are black or gray. Gray means they are disarmed and won't record. If so, use the Mode tab, select your base and see what mode is selected. 

alcat
Luminary
Luminary

All setting are looking ok. I have not changed any of them when the problem started. It just looks like CVR stopped.

See attached image. At 7:47 the images and grey bar went away. Ever since them CVR no longer works

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I assume the camera is still working. I would power cycle the base to see if that helps.

alcat
Luminary
Luminary

Thanks all for the replies.

I was able to get this working again by

1 - remove device from base

2 - remove battery

3 - reconnect and re-add the camera back to base.

I thought all was good but after 12 hours of joy the exact problem came back. After another round of trying to get this working I give up.

I will return this to the store and have already cancelled my CVR subscription. I hope Netgear reviews these communities and sees this. I really like Netgeat products but I'm very disappoited in the Pro-2 CVR option

Al

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you're still interested in trying, I would swap at the store since it could be bad hardware. My P2 CVR is working fine (I do get a few small blank spots in the timeline for no apparent reason).

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation