Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 Brand New Camera Won't Sync

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
MKFish
Aspirant
Aspirant

Slow blue light then amber. Any help or suggestions would be welcome.

Netgear nighthawk router, latest firmware. Nighthawk on network via mains via tp-link to bt hub.

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did youn claim the base first? Are you just briefly pressing the base sync button instead of holding it? We need details.

MKFish
Aspirant
Aspirant

Jguerdat,

Yes, I have the base station.  I can see it as a device on my android app.  It's upgraded firmware too (1.12.0.0_27099, hardware VMB4000r3).

So, I've got the camera next to the base station and pressed the base station sync botton for two seconds.  Third green light flashes.  Now I press the syn botton on the camera for two seconds. It flashes blue slowely.  After many a minute it flashes raid orange and then shuts down.

Some extra info.  I have a BT 5 hub access point connecting my house to the internet.  It is the DHCP server for my house.  A cat5 wire from one of the BT 5 hub ports goes toa tp-link mains socket.  Upstairs I have a nighthawk r7000 (latest firmware) connected to the main via another tp-link.  The arlo hub is connected to a port on the nighthawk.  I can see the arlo hub on my network via the BT 5 hub as 192.168.1.191 "VMB4000".

Any and all help greatly appreciated.

Onward,

Mark//

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Syncing a camera has nothing to do with your network since it uses only the connection between the base and camera. You may be holding the base sync button too long. I know the directions say 2 seconds but try shorter - I use .5 to 1 second.

MKFish
Aspirant
Aspirant

Jguerdat,

Thanks for sticking with me.  

At lunchtime I moved the arlo hub and connected it directly to the BT 5 hub (my DHCP server and direct internet access point).  After the hub booted I successfully sync'd both camera's first time .... and they update firmware; no issues.

So, tonight I'm going to revisit what I did and see if I can reliably get these results to indicate that there is a difference in how the camera sync works depending on the WiFi access point the arlo hub is connected to.

Onward,

Mark// 

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation